20 things you didn’t know about me
Behind every blog is a face. But imagining the human side can be hard. There are so many great bloggers out there that look like they are superhuman. Inspiring people who do amazing things every day.
But I am not one of those. Still, I wanted to share some things with you, so you can see the human behind the blog.
So I thought I would share some things with you today.
(And if you are curious where I have been read till the end!)
20 things you didn’t know about me (maybe)
- I love playing computer games even though I am not very good at them! To be honest, I mostly play them for the graphics and stories.
- I am only 5″2 what is quite short here in the Netherlands. Every time I go abroad I feel like I have suddenly grown because suddenly there are a lot more people my size.
- I used to be an absolutely terrible writer. I am still not the best but my first few posts were horrendous. Not only because of my English but just the general tone. I also used to write sentences that would go on forever. I still need to go back to shorten a lot of them everytime I write. I’m so jealous of those naturally engaging writers! How do they do it? (Please, tell me your secrets!)
- I automatically put exclamation marks after every sentence which makes me look overly excited! When I proofread I aways need to get all those exclamation marks out again. If I didn’t, it would seem like I was screaming everything to you!
- Apparently, I smile a lot, like almost all the time. I have people tell me this on multiple occasions. Personally, I never notice when I am doing it.
- I love gardening but I am not very good at it. Most plants die simply when I look at them. I love eatable plants and flowers and I am trying to revive our garden to turn it into a paradise. Unfortunately, though, we have quite a strong bamboo problem.
- I love cooking (and I am definitely better at it than gardening). I think there is nothing more comforting then delicious food with friends and family.
- My favourite sports are hiking and swimming and the perfect combination would be a long beach walk followed by a swim.
- I keep buying more lamps and lights because I think there is nothing more beautiful than a nice light. At the moment I have 7 lamps in my bedroom.
- I have been thinking of another blog that would allow me to write about lifestyle a lot more.
- I am always starting new projects but like a lot of people, I have a problem with finishing them. Routine and having multiple projects did help in this matter, but I still have too much of them.
- I am a slight animal/nature nerd. I know far too many animals by name and I love learning about them. As a kid, I was already obsessed with National Geographic and Animal Planet. These last few weeks I have been very interested in killer whales and whale sharks.
- I keep buying oversized sweaters even when no human needs so many. I have been working on trying to stop myself from buying all this oversized stuff since it is not as flattering but I think it is an addiction.
- Even though I love coffee, I am also a tea lover. My favourite blends are the ones full of spices or herbal ones. I also love roses in tea blends, it is incredible!
- I grew my hair for over 19 years and then cut it. Now I have short hair for the first time ever and I am still not sure what to do with it. Luckily it is growing quite fast.
- I would love to travel some more. My top five destinations are Scandinavia, Italie, Spain, Scotland, and Ireland.
- I am almost always too early to appointments which means I have to wait in the most random places. It can feel a little awkward but nothing a good game on your phone can ‘t solve.
- I love complicated hairstyles but I am terrible at doing them. Another reason why I could never be a beauty guru. (also, I know nothing about makeup or skin care, I just try to do things that look okay.)
- Getting better a photography has been a goal of mine for a long time! I finally feel like I am getting somewhere with light and composition but I know I still have a long way to go.
- I love self-study! Blogging has given me a whole new section of information to study. I have learned so much about marketing and branding but also about codes and software. Even though I did not think I would find these interesting I think it has been a great experience. And there is still always more to learn
So there you go. I would love for you to leave something about yourself in the comments! Let’s get to know each other better.
P.s. Wondering where I have been? I am now not just a blogging artist but also a uni-student in Nature and Environmental studies. Now I just need to learn how to plan both!