Networking can be daunting and scary but luckily there are many helpful articles all over the web. Networking is important for your blog or business because it brings you an audience and opportunities. But when you are shy or introvert taking the steps can definitely be hard.
One of my goals this month was to reach out to 3 persons on the internet. I found myself being very shy and trying to avoid it.
I have talked about networking before but I thought we could take a better look at how to network and what other bloggers are saying about it!
Firstly being shy and being introvert aren’t the same thing. But both deal with finding social interaction difficult and sometimes tireing.
Where do we network?
Real life networking
The first post is all about why you should be networking; The Importance of Branching out as an Introvert -Acorns and Lemonade
‘Networking is marketing. Marketing yourself, your uniqueness, what you stand for,’ Christine Lynch
Just in case you are thinking of ignoring it altogether, I found this little quote just for you;
Many real life networking tips work online as well!
Real life face-to-face tips for events en conversations!;
- How to survive and thrive when networking – Allyn Lewis (I love this tips, they are simple, clever, and straight to the point. Get through an entire conversation!)
- How to network like a boss as an introvert -The work at home woman (Amazing tips especially for introverts! I love the “scope out attendees” part.)
- The Introverts guide to networking – Wonderfelle (I especially love her follow-up tips for making sure all your effort wasn’t useless!)
- Networking for introverts – Caitlin Bacher (The first tip was a life saver for me. Realising that probably not the whole room is judging you! Make sure to at least read that one!)
- How I network as an introvert – The Alisha Nicole (These are just honest from one introvert to another.)
- 7 Low key ways to network as an introvert – Heather crab tree (Did you know practising was an option? I definitely did not.)
Bonus tip; Definitely don’t forget to take your business cards, you can easily design those in canva for free and I got mine printed for 6 euros/100 piece!
Bonus bonus; I love this article by Olyvia about Introvert friendly offline marketing!
3 top tips;
- Everybody loves to feel important and everyone loves to be listened to! So if you are too nervous to talk you can simply ask some questions like “what do you do?” “What is your favourite part?” “How did you start?” And let those people talk!
- You are definitely not the only one nervous. There are many of you there!
- Try to smile! It makes you easier to approach for all those other nervous attendees.
Online networking applies to everything from social media to befriending other bloggers. It might be easier to you or maybe it feels just as scary. Here are some posts to help you with just the online part.
Use this email template by Kimberly Herrington to connect with new bloggers! (And build a happy little blogging tribe where you support each other!)
Use 10 great social media tips for networking by Rock the Deadline to rock your social media networking from now on!
And just a shameless plug of my own posts which I wrote all about how I network as a very shy creative online!
If you are thinking of trying these out don’t be afraid to try them out on me. It is our inside thing now already!
Even if Networking is scary you can’t just ignore it. But you can make it slighlty easier.
My favourite new quote that I found in this lovely post;
I think it is such a great motto for networking especially. Trying out new things can be scary but it also brings you so many possibilities.
Maybe after reading this posts you can do the one thing that you have been avoiding like;
- Sending an email to connect with a fellow blogger
- Asking another blogger for a collab
- Replying to some random social media posts!
Let me know what your number one networking tips is!2